My U.A.E top 5 list has been one of the hardest things to narrow down. I have gotten this question so many times since I got back. After giving it a lot of thought I finally put a list together that I am happy with. There is so much to do and see it was really hard to choose. The U.A.E ranks high at the top of my list as a must visit destination. Most think of it as a big shiny city surrounded by desert but it is so much more than that. These are my top five must-see attractions/tours out of everything I experienced while there.
My U.A.E Top 5:
- Desert Safari, Al Habib Desert – No trip is complete without experiencing a visit to the desert. The desert safaris offer exhilaration, entertainment and food. Sunsets in the desert are spectacular so get your camera ready for some amazing photos. Sit down and get henna done, enjoy the traditional shows or a camel or ATV ride. If you’re a foodie your taste-buds will enjoy the BBQ dinner.
- Le Perle, Dubai – This Cirque Du Soliel style show is captivating from the beginning to the end. It’s number one ranked for a reason and it is worth both the money and the hype. High flying acrobatics, dancing, and acting on a stage capable of holding 2.7 million liters of water. Prepare your senses to be taken to another world. Sitting in the front row allows for a more immersive experience.
- Jais Mountain, Ras Al Khaimah – Jebel Jais requires a bit of planning if you want to make it to the top; I didn’t. This was a super last minute unplanned trip but one that I will never forget. The mountains are the tallest in the U.A.E and are almost surreal looking. When the sun starts to drop behind the mountains it will be one of the most beautiful things to witness. If you are a thrill seeker, there is also a zip line at the top now. I’m still disappointed I missed out on doing this.
- Burj Khalifa At The Top, Dubai – Since the Burj is currently the tallest building in the world, this is one of the best views you will see. Skyscrapers, desert and water for miles is what you can expect from the top. At night time the view is even more gorgeous. When the city is lit up and the traffic is moving on the highways below, it’s a sight to see from above. Bonus: Buy the tickets that allow you to use the lounge and see the dancing fountains after.
- The Grande Mosque, Abu Dhabi – The sheer size of this place will blow your mind. The attention to detail is what blew me away. The intricate marble work, the handmade carpet & the beautiful fountains are a must see. The number of worshipers than can fit in the mosque is hard to wrap your head around. Hearing the call to prayer was such a beautiful thing.
Related: 10 Things I Learned About Dubai
If you have visited The UAE before let me know in the comments what your favorite activities were. Having to narrow this list down was the hardest thing because there was so much more about my trip that I enjoyed, but out of everything I did these 5 stand out the most to me.