I have a confession to make. My Name is Ashley and I am a Thalassophile.
Definition: (noun) Lover of the sea, a preference for the sea.
The definition describes me perfectly. I always find myself gravitating towards the ocean and ocean related activities. If there is an option between a beach day and something else….guess which one I choose. Some days I even drive to the beach on my lunch break and eat lunch there.
How to know if you’re a Thalassophile:
- Words cannot express how much you love summer
- You go in the water year round…it doesn’t need to be summer for you to enjoy the water, you will also stay in the water if its raining and thundering as long as there is no lightening
- Your Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat looks like this:
- You don’t get it when people go to the beach and do not get in the water
- You always have a swimsuit or towel in your car or bag and you will go in the water with all your clothes on (no cares)
- You have shells, driftwood or seaglass somewhere in your house
- You always find sand in your shoes, car, clothes or room
- You get so excited you forget to apply sunscreen and end up looking like a lobster, but it was still worth it
- The sound of waves instantly relaxes you
- You’re a beach snob; if the sand isn’t white and the water isn’t clear…its not a beach
- You can get completely destroyed by jellyfish and still go back in the water 2 days later (true story)
If you agreed or said YASSSSS to any of the above points you are definitely a thalassophile.
Let me know what your favorite things are about the beach and the ocean in the comments!